CS7X™ Electro-Hydraulic Safety Shutdown System
Weatherford’s CS7X electro-hydraulic safety shutdown system is a low power, highly reliable, microprocessor based, distributed wellhead and production control system.
The system provides supervisory control of wellheads and other production applications on a logical application module basis. Control decisions are performed in the control hierarchy.
Redundancy provides extremely high reliability in the critical areas of communications, power and control.
The CS7X system is designed for production applications where conventional power sources are not available. The system can be integrated with hydraulic/pneumatic logic to support shutdown operations and SCADA systems to provide remote wellhead control.
The system is assembled and tested to the latest CENELEC standards for use in hazardous areas.
The CS7X system is designed to:
- Increase system reliability/availability
- Highly reliable, microprocessor based architecture
- Wide temperature range, low power, CMOS technology
- Prime and backup CPUs at each level
- Reduce maintenance/operating costs
- Extremely low power consumption
- Designed for online maintenance
- Self-testing remote system diagnostics
- Reduces weight and footprint
- Integrate well control and ESD with field management automation goals
- Distributed process systems and subsystems
- Remote/local interface options
- Modbus protocol
- Integrated SCADA and platform functionality
CS7X Electro-Hydraulic Safety Shutdown System Highlights
- Integrated wellhead process control and SCADA
- Low power remote operation
- Scalable system design
- Easily programmable ESD logic
- Intelligent diagnostics and alarming