Clarion™ Optical Seismic Accelerometer
Weatherford’s Clarion optical accelerometer enables reliable, high-sensitivity single- or multi-component, permanent in-well seismic applications. This rugged, fit-for-purpose miniature opto-mechanical device delivers high performance for long-term deployment in hostile well environments and is suitable for vertical, deviated, or horizontal wells. The state-of-the-art optical sensors are compatible with Clarion seismic instrumentation and can be multiplexed to form in-well arrays without the use of downhole electronics.
Applications for the Clarion Optical Seismic Accelerometer
- High-sensitivity single- or multi-component, permanent in-well seismic applications
- Time-lapse vertical seismic profiling (VSP)
- Calibration of 4D surface seismic surveys
- Continuous seismic monitoring (microseismic monitoring, hydraulic fracture mapping, seismic while drilling, and vibration monitoring)
- Cross-well seismic profiling
- High-temperature/high-pressure (HTHP) wells
- Vertical, deviated, or horizontal wells
Clarion Optical Seismic Accelerometer Features, Advantages, and Benefits
- Miniature in-axis (z) and cross-axis (x/y) sensors and slim packaging enable installation of the accelerometer in tight annular spaces. This advantage ensures long-term operation at high pressures and temperatures without constraining other completion objectives.
- As an opto-mechanical device, the accelerometer is extremely rugged and reliable, capable of withstanding the high shock and vibration environments related to transportation and installation into wellbores.
- Requiring no downhole electronics, the accelerometer can operate long term in hostile well environments, such as high temperatures and high continuous operating pressures.
- Optical in-well sensors are electrically passive, eliminating the risk of interference with other electric- or magnetic-signal sources and ensuring the integrity of seismic data.
- Single-axis (1-C) or triaxial (3-C) configurations, with high in-axis sensitivity and low off-axis sensitivity, offer high vector fidelity for precise directional accuracy and wavefield discrimination.
- Omni-directional tilt is ideal for vertical, deviated, or horizontal wells.
- Large, dynamic range with flat broadband response offers excellent seismic fidelity, covering a wide range of in-well seismic applications.
Clarion Optical Seismic Accelerometer
Specifications of the Optical Seismic Accelerometer
Clarion Optical Seismic Instrumentation
Specifications of the Optical Seismic Instrumentation
Clarion Seismic Sensing Station and Deployment System
Specifications of the Seismic Sensing Station and Deployment System