Dry-Mate Optical Connector
Weatherford’s dry-mate optical connector delivers reliable, low-loss optical connection with the optical permanence required for high-performance measurement systems, including optical pressure-temperature (P/T) gauges, optical in-well flowmeters, distributed-temperature-sensing (DTS) systems, and in-well seismic systems. The optical connector operates reliably in high-temperature/high-pressure (HTHP) applications, providing unique operating capabilities and performance margin for high-value wells.
Features, Advantages, and Benefits
- Non-electrical design is intrinsically safe and has minimal effect on completion design and installation.
- Designed to integrate with Weatherford downhole optical cables, the connector can be mated on the rig floor, minimizing rig time.
- Primary seal is metal-to-metal to eliminate leaks, enhancing system integrity and reliability.
- Low optical loss and optical back reflection enhance optical system performance and optimize management of optical budget.
- Connector consists of three pins, which support three optical fibers, and is designed to support any combination of single-mode and multimode optical fibers for added versatility.
- Connector complies with industry standards for instrumentation connectors.